Open Positions in Calgary
Virtual Gurus is a well-established scale-up who provides a Talent-as-a-Service platform to businesses that require part-time help with their business operations.
We’re proud of what makes us different: a crazy strong social mission to provide employment opportunities to marginalized individuals.
No phone calls, please.
Interested in becoming a Virtual Assistant? Click here to learn more.
We’re growing! Virtual Gurus is a well-established scale-up who provides a Talent-as-a-Service platform to businesses who require part-time help with their business operations. We’re proud of what makes us different: a crazy strong social mission to provide employment opportunities to marginalized individuals and our focus on curating the match between virtual assistant and client.
Our Marketplace and askBetty products are the technology cornerstones of the Virtual Gurus service offerings.
We’re looking for an awesome individual to join our newly formed in-house development team.
At this stage in the company’s evolution, there is a ton of opportunity to have a significant impact as we embark upon a new wave of product/service innovation and refinement. This opportunity extends across our codebase, team processes, team tools, as well as on the lives of our virtual assistants and clients.
- Write clean, scalable code while maintaining standards of security, reliability, performance, and quality
- Evaluate feature feasibility and project timelines by identifying priorities, rabbit holes and interdependencies
- Debug issues as they arise and make recommendations for solutions
- Actively learning and seeking out ways to continuously improve, researching best practices and suggest appropriate technologies
Required Technical Skills:
- Several years of software design and development experience
- Front End: Vue.js
- Backend: Node.js
- Database: SQL
- Version Control: Git (GitHub)
- Basic Linux knowledge is key
- Basic AWS knowledge is a plus
Required Interpersonal Skills:
- Ability to establish and maintain processes and procedures
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to problem solve on the fly
- Ability to interface with the business, interact, communicate and present ideas
We offer salary plus health benefits and stock options, a convenient central location and a fun work atmosphere. We walk the talk on equity, diversity and inclusion and give preference to applicants who align with our social mission.
We look for people who are passionate, not content to let things happen; show empathy towards clients and virtual assistants and not operate from a place of solitude without asking questions; who are diligent in their work, but not controlling; and work to show a high level of competence without trying to achieve perfection.
Send us a snappy email (email@example.com), letting us know why you’re interested, why you’d be awesome for the role and a general guideline of salary expectations. We’ll ask for your resume if we’d like to move forward with an interview.
Apply ASAP! We’ll remove this posting as soon as we find the right person.
Please note: We ask that you follow the application process for each posting. We do not accept phone calls in regards to the positions as our phone lines are for customers and active freelancers only.