Open Positions in Calgary
Virtual Gurus is a well-established scale-up who provides a Talent-as-a-Service platform to businesses that require part-time help with their business operations.
We’re proud of what makes us different: a crazy strong social mission to provide employment opportunities to marginalized individuals.
No phone calls, please.
Interested in becoming a Virtual Assistant? Click here to learn more.
Please note: We ask that you follow the application process for each posting. We do not accept phone calls in regards to the positions as our phone lines are for customers and active freelancers only.
We’re growing! Virtual Gurus is a well-established scale-up who provides a Talent-as-a-Service platform to businesses who require part-time help with their business operations. We’re proud of what makes us different: a crazy strong social mission to provide employment opportunities to marginalized individuals and our focus on curating the match between virtual assistant and client.
We’re looking for an awesome individual to join our team to lead our marketing and communications efforts.
This role is as deep as it is wide – from product marketing and lead gen to brand and social media. This is a senior-level role and requires someone who is as comfortable talking strategy as they are drafting copy.
This role is for you, if:
You know what it takes to successfully scale a company’s online presence, love to write, create engaging content and connect with people online. You’re agile, love dipping your toes into all facets of marketing and can easily handle multiple brands as a solo-marketer. You thrive on small teams, are self-motivated and love nothing more than a meaty challenge you can sink your teeth into.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop and execute the overall marketing strategies for Virtual Gurus, Virtual Gurus Academy and askBetty
- Create lead-generation campaigns through paid digital advertising, primarily on Google and Facebook
- Oversee our agency and digital ad buying partners. Experience buying digital media would be a nice-to-have
- Create and manage a digital content calendar that includes blogging, email marketing, social media, virtual events, speaking engagements and more
- Create written and visual content for promotions, blogging, email marketing and social media
- Manage and regularly engage social media users on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Manage the marketing budget including tracking expenses, monitoring ROI, and preparing reports
- Stay up-to-date on news and industry trends in the tech and freelancing worlds
Our wishlist for this role:
- 10+ years progressive experience in a fast-paced environment, preferably in a startup or scaleup
- Post-secondary education in a Marketing-related field is a nice-to-have
- Strong understanding of B2B lead generation
- Working knowledge of digital marketing tools and analytics
- Must have strong understanding of SEO and SEM
- Must have ability to develop content – writing, editing images
- Adaptable to change while being a driving force of growth
- Great problem-solving skills while being detailed oriented
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Entrepreneurial drive
We offer salary plus health benefits and stock options, a convenient central location and a fun work atmosphere. We walk the talk on equity, diversity and inclusion and give preference to applicants who align with our social mission. We look for people who are passionate, not content to let things happen; show empathy towards clients and virtual assistants and not operate from a place of solitude without asking questions; who are diligent in their work, but not controlling; and work to show a high level of competence without trying to achieve perfection.
Ready to apply?
Send us a snappy email to firstname.lastname@example.org, letting us know why you’re interested, why you’d be awesome for the role and a general guideline of salary expectations. We’ll ask for your resume if we’d like to move forward with an interview.
Application will remain open until we find the perfect person for this role!