We’re growing (quickly)! Virtual Gurus is a well-established scale-up that provides a Talent-as-a-Service platform to organizations that require part-time, remote help with their business operations. We’re proud of what makes us different: a crazy strong social mission to provide employment opportunities to underrepresented individuals, and our focus on curating the best match between virtual assistant and client.
We’re looking for an experienced, confident, self-motivated professional to
join our team in the role of Senior Full Stack Developer.
Need to know more before you apply?
Our Talentplace and askBetty products are the technology cornerstones of the Virtual Gurus service offerings. At this stage in the company’s evolution, there is a ton of opportunity to have a significant impact as we embark on a new wave of product/service innovation and refinement. This opportunity extends across our codebase, team processes, team tools, as well as on the lives of our virtual assistants and clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, write, test, review and deploy high quality scalable code, and guide others to do the same
- Help shape our technical roadmap as we scale our services and build new products
- Evaluate feature feasibility and project timelines by identifying priorities, rabbit holes and interdependencies
- Debug issues as they arise and make recommendations for solutions
- Run code reviews and apply software development best practices
- Provide mentorship and support to other developers, helping to grow the team and better our processes
- Actively learning and seeking out ways to continuously improve, researching best practices and suggest appropriate technologies
Required Technical Skills
- 5+ years of software design and development experience
- Prior work experience with either Vue.js or React
- Prior work experience with: Node.js
- Strong SQL skills
- Working knowledge of Linux and Git are required
- Working knowledge of AWS, Docker and Kubernetes is a plus
How do you know if this role is for you?
- A degree in Computer Science or Engineering and extensive experience in designing, developing and maintaining software or an equivalent level of work experience
- A track record of substantial contributions to software projects with high business impact
- You have extensive software design experience: you think in terms of architecture; you know how to identify and explain pros and cons of a technical solution and how it might fit your project; you deliver reliable software.
- You foster best practices in everything you do: writing thoroughly-tested code, performing accurate and constructive code reviews, coaching peers.
- You have experience with mentoring, coaching, and pairing with coworkers
- Ability to interface with the business, interact, communicate and present ideas
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to problem solve on the fly
- Rapid growth and change don’t scare you
- Strong communication (both verbal and written), and interpersonal skills are essential
- Entrepreneurial mindset, possessing the ability to work in an evolving environment with multiple stakeholders
- Passionate about, and interested in, startups and the process of growing a business
- Strong attention to detail
- Exceptional skills in organization, planning, decision-making and time management
What’s in it for you? A Total Rewards Package:
- Base salary plus annual performance bonus
- Health and dental benefits
- More valuable perks like flex time and social hours
- A team that walks the talk on equity, diversity and inclusion
- Being part of an amazing story
We look for people who are passionate, not content to let things happen; who show empathy towards clients and virtual assistants and don’t operate from a place of solitude without asking questions; who are diligent in their work, but not controlling; and work to show a high level of competence without trying to achieve perfection.
Belief in our social mission fuels us to deliver exceptional experiences to clients, so we can continue to provide opportunities to our virtual assistants. We walk the talk on equity, diversity and inclusion. In support of our social mission, candidates who identify as Black, Indigenous, Person of Colour, Woman and/or 2SLGBTQIA+ will be given preference in the selection process [s16(1) CHRA]. Learn more at thevirtualgurus.com | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | LinkedIn
Ready to apply?
Submit your resume below along with a short message telling us what intrigues you about Virtual Gurus, why you’d be awesome for the role and why we should hire you.