Senior Manager, Content & Creative
As Virtual Gurus continues to scale rapidly, we’re looking for a proven creative leader to oversee our content and creative strategy while also contributing as a content creator in the role of Senior Manager, Content & Creative.
The Senior Manager, Content & Creative will be responsible for evolving creative platforms and building out a library of content to drive reach, engagement and reputation for Virtual Gurus. This role demands the successful candidate to possess skills in: creative strategy, visual and written content production, coaching, mentorship, collaboration and adaptability.
Some key responsibilities of the role:
- Develop and evolve creative and content strategy to build brand awareness, engagement and affinity across all stages of the buyer journey
- Lead development and execution of thought leadership strategy and creative platform
- Collaborate with internal teams to develop project briefs, brainstorm content ideas, create editorial calendars and develop key messaging
- Prioritize, resource and schedule content and creative production projects
- Oversee delivery of high quality content and creative from concept to production
- Evolve, socialize and enforce written, editorial, creative and/or brand style guides.
- Oversee the social media channel; directing editorial calendars to ensure an optimal balance of brand, sales and product-focused content.
- Provide writing guidance, communication templates and editing support to cross-functional teams
- Manage, coach and train content creators, while also contributing hands-on in content production
- Analyze and report on content effectiveness
- Build productive relationships with colleagues in Revenue Operations, Growth, Product, Client Success and Talent
How do you know if this role is for you?
- You’ve got at least 6 years of combined experience in creative and content strategy and production, with a solid portfolio of work.
- You have at least two years of experience working in a startup, scale-up, two-sided marketplace or SaaS organization.
- You have people management experience and are comfortable coaching and mentoring content creators
- You have a degree or diploma in design, art, marketing, communications, journalism or a related discipline.
- You’ve created content in a range of digital storytelling formats (web, blog, social, video, e-books, playbooks, etc.)
- Strong briefs are your favourite tool, and you have experience engaging productively with cross-departmental stakeholders to create them.
- You have strong writing skills, with a flair for creating content that resonates.
What’s in it for you? A total rewards package:
- Base salary plus annual performance bonus
- Health and dental benefits
- More valuable perks like flex time and social hours
- Convenient central location in Calgary, with onsite gym
- Comfy office space – more beanbag than boardroom
- A team that walks the talk on equity, diversity and inclusion
- Being part of an amazing story
About Virtual Gurus
Virtual Gurus is a well-established scale-up providing a Talent-as-a-Service platform to organizations requiring fractional help with administrative functions. We’re proud of what makes us different: a crazy strong social mission to provide fairly paid opportunities to individuals from historically underrepresented communities.
We leverage proprietary technology to match organizations with highly skilled Canadian and American virtual assistants. Whether an organization needs a dedicated assistant, special project support, or help with occasional tasks, we’re your people.
We look for people who are passionate, not content to let things happen; who show empathy towards clients and virtual assistants and don’t operate from a place of solitude without asking questions; who are diligent in their work, but not controlling; and who work to achieve a high level of competence without trying to achieve perfection.
Belief in our social mission fuels us to deliver exceptional experiences to clients, so we can continue to provide opportunities to our virtual assistants. We walk the talk on equity, diversity, and inclusion. Learn more at thevirtualgurus.com | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | LinkedIn
Ready to apply?
Submit your resume below along with a short message telling us what intrigues you about Virtual Gurus, why you’d be awesome for the role and why we should hire you.