Are you a creative thinker with a strong combination of writing, design and video editing skills? Are you passionate about producing fresh content that connects with audiences and drives action? If so, you could be Virtual Gurus’ Content Manager. This newly created role will be an integral, hands-on position within our small but mighty (and growing!) Marketing team.
Some key responsibilities of the role:
- Develop and refine a content strategy to engage key audiences across all stages of the funnel, with input from colleagues in Marketing and Product.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Sales, Product Management and Operations to brainstorm content ideas, create editorial calendars and develop key messaging.
- Create original, on-brand written, graphic and video content, including web copy, blog posts, e-mail copy, social media posts, e-books, videos, collateral and more.
- Coordinate production of video, audio and webinar content.
- Use target keywords to write digital content that is not only optimized for search engines but also informative and entertaining, striking a brilliant balance between the technical and the creative.
- Manage social media channels, from strategy and planning to posting original content, curating 3rd party content and engaging with followers.
- Manage basic web content edits.
- Provide writing guidance, communication templates and copyediting support to external-facing teams.
- Coordinate work of creative freelancers.
How do you know if this role is for you?
- You’ve got at least five years of experience in content creation, with a solid portfolio of written and visual work.
- You have proven experience working in B2B marketing for high-growth startups, scale-ups, two-sided marketplaces and/or SAAS organizations.
- You have a degree, diploma or certificate in marketing, design, journalism, English, communications or a related discipline.
- You have strong writing, graphic design, photo editing and video editing skills, with a flair for creating content that resonates.
- You’ve got a keen eye for detail, and few typos get past you.
- You’re competent in Adobe Creative Suite
- You’ve managed social media channels, and you have experience with social media scheduling and web content management systems such as Hootsuite, Webflow, WordPress or similar.
- You’re comfortable in an unstructured, fast-paced startup or scale-up environment, navigating successfully through ongoing changes.
- You’re dedicated to (and excited about!) VG’s crazy rapid growth plans.
- You foster collaborative relationships and environments that build bridges across VG and with external stakeholders.
- You share our values (customer service, continuous learning, innovation and equality, to name a few), and it shows.
- Diversity is important to you, so much so that you seek it out and actively learn about other perspectives.
- You’re committed to our social mission to support underrepresented communities.
What’s in it for you? A total rewards package:
- Base salary plus performance bonus
- Health benefits
- Convenient central location in Calgary (with possible periods of remote or hybrid work based on public health mandates)
- A team that walks the talk on equity, diversity and inclusion
- Fun work atmosphere and regular social events
- The chance to make a difference for traditionally underrepresented communities
About Virtual Gurus
Virtual Gurus is a well-established scale-up providing a Talent-as-a-Service platform to organizations requiring fractional help with administrative functions. We’re proud of what makes us different: a crazy strong social mission to provide fairly paid opportunities to individuals from historically underrepresented communities.
We leverage proprietary technology to match organizations with highly skilled Canadian and American virtual assistants. Whether an organization needs a dedicated assistant, special project support, or help with occasional tasks, we’re your people.
We look for people who are passionate, not content to let things happen; who show empathy towards clients and virtual assistants and don’t operate from a place of solitude without asking questions; who are diligent in their work, but not controlling; and who work to achieve a high level of competence without trying to achieve perfection.
Belief in our social mission fuels us to deliver exceptional experiences to clients, so we can continue to provide opportunities to our virtual assistants. We walk the talk on equity, diversity, and inclusion. Learn more at thevirtualgurus.com | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | LinkedIn
Ready to apply?
Send your resume and cover letter, along with a compelling subject line, to [email protected]. Tell us why you’re interested, why you’d be awesome for the role and why we should hire you.